What is my blog about?

"She had her nose in a book and her head in the clouds"

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Hi ya'll!  Happy Thanksgiving!! This morning I woke up to the delicious smells of sweet potato casserole baking in the oven downstairs.  As I waddled down the stairs, I heard the strains of marching band anthems welcome the holiday season from the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  My mom was laughing with my dad over a cup of coffee as they planned who would take what where and when we should arrive at Mama's house for lunch.  I smiled to myself and thought, "Does it really get any better than this?"  Now, of course, like any real family, our day had its rough spots. We fuss and fight, argue and tease but we always love each other!
I can't believe how fast time flies and that Christmas will be here faster than you can say HO HO HO! I usually view Thanksgiving as signal of the Christmas holidays and brush through with more thought to the day after sales and the Iron Bowl than I really do Thanksgiving itself.  But this year, it seemed a little more special to me.  I want to remember everything: the smells, the laughs, the sounds, the traditions.  Next year, Matt and I will start our own new traditions and as exciting as that is, I'm a little sad about not waking up next year and helping my mom in the kitchen.  Matt and I will begin the complicated juggle of balancing his and my families get togethers.  It will be great but I want to make sure I don't forget to experience the reason why we have these holidays.
This year I'm thankful for a kind husband to be, a wonderfully real family who is always there for me, and friends who laugh and share everything with me.  I'm also thankful for a loving Lord who has blessed me in the most gracious way! I hope all of you had wonderful Thanksgiving and that each and everyone of you are blessed beyond belief in the coming holiday season! Love ya'll! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment