What is my blog about?

"She had her nose in a book and her head in the clouds"

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Makin' Plans

  Hi there, ya'll! I hope this post finds everyone happily wasting away a beautiful Saturday afternoon! Wedding planning update: Today, I looked at save the dates, programs, and bridal stationary.  I ended up ordering some beautiful bridal stationary to keep my lovely guests thanked for all of their support and gifts! Also, plans are in the works to do a little dress shopping over Thanksgiving holidays! I am beyond thrilled about this! I will keep ya'll informed as I begin my quest for the perfect dress to sport down the aisle!
  Today, my momma and I did a little pre-Thanksgiving shopping and in the car on the way home we were listening to one of our favorite artists, Miss Miranda Lambert.  (If by some huge stroke of luck Miranda is reading this post, I just want to say that I love your music! "I'm just like you, only prettier".. jk, but really, we love you!) She has this great song on her album Revolution that says exactly how I feel about my sweet husband to be. It is called "Makin' Plans"  In a way, that is what this blog is all about for me.  It is a place for me to share the plans that Matt and I are making and the highs and lows that come with planning a life together. Anyway, here are a few of the lyrics from "Makin' Plans"


If I wasn’t by your side/I’d never be satisfied
Nothin’ would feel just right/If I wasn’t by your side

‘Cause I’m not easy to understand
But you know me like the back of your hand
I’m your girl and you’re my man
And we’re making plans

  In the light of my new role of wife to be, this song really yanks on my heartstrings.  The song says, "Cause I'm not easy to understand, but you know me like the back of your hand..." I know that there has been more times in the past than I care to admit to that I have been absolutely nonsensically emotional, moody, and just plain crazy.  But my sweet Matt knows me and he knows that I don't always need someone to fix the problem or spout off a list of solutions, I just need someone to listen. Love, at its very simplest, is this, it is accepting the one you love for exactly who they are.  Not who they were or who they will be, but who they are now. And I won't be satisfied unless he is right there by my side, whether he likes it or not! Haha, ya'll, I'm just picking! I mean, who wouldn't want to be by my side :)
    Thank ya'll so much for stopping by and spending a little time with me! Come back again soon! Love ya'll!
P.S. Here is a pic I thought ya'll might enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. So cute that you are a blogging bride. I love it and you so very much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete