What is my blog about?

"She had her nose in a book and her head in the clouds"

Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Last Christmas

Merry Christmas, ya'll! I hope that Santa visited each and every one of you and that you all got exactly what you wanted this morning.  I know Santa treated me right this Christmas.  Well, I write to you all this morning with mixed emotions.  I love Christmas and am always joyful on the 25th of every December but this year comes with some bittersweet emotions too.  This is my last Christmas as a part of my original family unit.  Next year, Matt and I will be our own little family and I couldn't be more excited but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't miss the way I've spent Christmas for the last 21 years. Our Christmas mornings always go a little something like this.  First, my brother and I take turns waking each other up and grumbling about how early it is.  Then we run downstairs where my mom has already made up our seperate piles of presents from "Santa."  After we open each present and my mom tells us why she thought Santa might have brought the gift or what made Sanat think of us when he made that particular gift.  Then we clean up the paper, put in the batteries, and curl up in front of the fire while Momma makes pancakes.  Then we all sit around chatting and enjoying the company.  Its pretty typical American Christmas but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I have the worlds greratest family.  So what if we bicker and fight and argue the other 364 days a year.  On Christmas we put aside our typical attitudes and slip into something a little more cheerful.  Merry Christmas, ya'll, and a happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment